POSTAL MAIL SURVEYS
In this day of speedy connections and online everything, it may seem strange to think of using the mail to gather information and opinions. It isn’t. There is still a significant role for postal mailing of surveys/questionnaires to gather information from members of a specific population that is geographically scattered.
Our postal mail surveys begin with a carefully constructed survey questionnaire (see our section on questionnaire development). These surveys are sent to randomly selected members of the target population along with a postage paid return envelope that is mailed back to Matousek & Associates with the completed survey. Results are analyzed and tabulated and a report is written to explain our findings.
Postal mail surveys have several advantages. They
- Are comparatively low in cost
- Can cover a large population
- Make it possible for you to ask about a broad array of topics
- Provide anonymity and therefore invite more candid responses
- Eliminate the possibility of interviewer bias
If you’d like to find out if a postal mail survey could work for you, call us.